Monday, July 13, 2009

why we do what we do

Make sure to take time to answer the whys ? I was at a meeting recently when a young girl about 14 ish spoke up and replied that she wouldnt be doing any of that when she got older and she was all proud of herself . before you say oh thats good heres the kicker what she wouldn't be doing was volunteering for church. her father was doing it but begrudgingly I have known her mom for a long time I don't think she would have been happy. Dad never said anything to her.
Ok soap box time let's teach our kids why we do the things we do . If mommy or daddy don't fight to preserve the historical church or whatever it is you are doing it won't get done.

I definately do that with little man and baby bird but sometimes I am in a hurry its a reminder how important what we teach them is if we dont do it who will teach them what we find important/ another reason I love homeschooling
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment